Atelier, Blog Post, Concert sans orchestre, Drawing
Leave a Comment

One step back…

Starting over a new panel

The whole in the panel and the faulty little bench

The Schumann number 4 I finished last week

Putting the finishing touches before I paint these Schumanns

My five Schumanns

(Click on title for more pictures)

(English version follows French in this post)

J’ai terminé mon dernier Schumann la semaine dernière. J’étais pas mal contente. J’avais aussi décidé de finalement refaire cette Clara numéro 1, parce que le dessin m’énervait trop, parce que je trouvais qu’il n’était pas tout à fait à la hauteur des autres Clara. Pour être certaine de ne pas changer d’idée, j’ai recouvert ce dessin de peinture. Plus le choix ainsi de le refaire. Je retravaille donc mon fond, pour qu’il soit prêt à être dessiné cette semaine. Mardi matin je suis bien heureuse de pouvoir être très tôt dans mon atelier pour travailler. Je suis enfin prête à refaire ce dessin. Je calcule que la semaine prochaine je pourrai commencer à peindre.  Mais voilà que le panneau tombe sur un petit tabouret, ce qui fait un beau gros trou dans mon panneau de bois. Impossible d’utiliser cette surface. Je dois donc retravailler une nouvelle surface, refaire mon encollage, ré-appliquer mes couches de gesso. C’est ce que j’ai fait toute la semaine. La surface sera prête lundi prochain. Je recommencerai donc ma dernière Clara la semaine prochaine. Disons que ce n’était pas ma meilleure semaine…


I finished my last Schumann last week. I was quite happy. I also finally decided to redo that Clara drawing, it was annoying me, I didn’t think it was as nice as the other Claras. To make sure I would not change my mind, I applied paint over it. No more choice then to redo it. I reworked the wood panel, for it to be ready to be drawn on this week. Tuesday morning, I was really happy to be early in my studio to work on this drawing. I figured I could start painting next week. But the panel fell on a little bench and it made a huge hole. Which makes it impossible to use now. I had to rework another panel, put on the glue coatings and the gesso coatings. Finally it is what I ended up doing all week. The surface will be ready on Monday. I will hence start this Clara next week. Let’s just say this was not my best week…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s